I’m delighted that our report – The State of Brand Measurement 2019 (commissioned by On Device Research) has featured in Campaign today. As an industry we are still not measuring digital brand impact properly… despite the proven link between investing in brand research and brand health.
Download a copy of the report here and learn more about how:
1. 10% to 25% of digital campaigns are measured using brand uplift studies according to interviewees, yet there are questions as to whether the results of such research are really being applied strategically.
2. Brand research drives brand health. Brands who conduct ongoing programs of brand effectiveness research achieve more effective brand advertising.
3. Most brand effectiveness measurement is currently provided by media owners rather than commissioned directly with research companies. If the application of brand effectiveness research is to become strategic and forward-facing, focusing on objective brand metrics, then there must be a shift towards independently commissioned research.
4. Actionable learnings will transform the application of brand research. Tangible learnings related to channel, creative, frequency and audience will again shift the focus of brand research away from merely being a tool of spend justification towards something with far greater strategic value.
5. Raising awareness of optimal measurement methods is key. Agencies have an opportunity to enhance their client relationships by becoming experts in the application of digital brand measurement results.
6. In-flight brand metric optimization is in high demand. If the industry can find a way to report on brand metric shifts while a campaign is in-flight, then marketers can shift the dial on digital brand investment.